Raxco Software, the leader in disk defragmentation, now provides the power of enterprise defragmentation for desktop and laptop users with PerfectDisk. PerfectDisk's easy to use interface and powerful defrag engine were designed for users who do not require the capabilities of network defragmentation and advanced features for the enterprise. PerfectDisk is a software that helps you to defrag disks. If you want to optimize your computer to run faster and perform better so you can do more – whether work or surfing the Web – and don't run in a networked environment like many companies, then PerfectDisk is for you.
Delivering a unique set of easy-to-use features and benefits not found in any other solution, PerfectDisk 10 Server will make your computer run like new. Work and play faster - and smarter. PerfectDisk makes everything you do on your computer faster - so you can be more efficient at your work or play. PerfectDisk 10 Server patented SMARTPlacement™ optimization is paired with its exclusive single-pass defragmentation and Space Restoration Technology™ to maximize PC and laptop performance. All controlled and automated according to your unique requirements through AutoPilot Scheduling™ or StealthPatrol™ unattended background processing.
PerfectDisk Server provides new and enhanced features and easier navigation for home users, SMB (Small and Medium Business), and enterprise users. There is better performance on very large drives, scheduling and automatic defragmentation enhancements, reduction in system resources used, improved reporting and manageability, full 64-bit support, and many more exciting new features and enhancements. Management of PerfectDisk 10 Server in network environments is improved with easier integration with Active Directory Group Policy as well as the new PerfectDisk 10 Server Command Center.
- Microsoft Certified. Ensures PerfectDisk 10 Server meets Microsoft-specified availability, reliability, security, and supportability guidelines that result in a better and safer user experience.
- Patented SMARTPlacement™ Optimization. PerfectDisk 10 Server SMARTPlacement™ optimization strategy results in faster subsequent defragmentation runs and faster boot times because many of the files on the drive do not need to be moved at all, since they are placed according to users unique usage patterns. Typical defragmenters waste resources by constantly moving all files around on the drive during every defrag pass.
- Space Restoration Technology™. PerfectDisk 10 Server exclusive Space Restoration Technology provides the most complete and efficient free space consolidation available today. In a single pass, PerfectDisk 2008 creates the largest piece of contiguous free space possible. This results in less fragmentation occurring when new files are created and also improves write file access time, in addition to read file access time, which is all typical defragmenters focus on. A Consolidate Free Space Defrag option is also available which creates the largest piece of contiguous free space available. This is useful prior to creating large files or in performing partition resizing operations. It is also useful in compressing a virtual hard drive on a virtual machine, as a large amount of contiguous space will be recaptured.
- Single-pass File and Free Space Defragmentation. PerfectDisk 10 Server performs a complete defragmentation of files and free space in a single pass no matter how large the drive or how badly fragmented the drive. No slowly chipping away at the problem like typical defragmenters. Once and done - and using fewer resources as well. In addition, you have a clear understanding of when your drive has completed its defragmentation.
- Complete Automation. PerfectDisk 10 Server exclusive AutoPilot Scheduling automates all aspects of defragmentation. Administrators and users have complete flexibility in defining schedules to completely automate the enterprise's defragmentation. For example, schedules can be set to run daily, weekly, or only when the user's screen saver is on. If users are working, PerfectDisk will run in the background. With StealthPatrol, users can choose to have PerfectDisk only run during system idle time.
- Minimal Free Space Requirement. Raxco Software pioneered defragmentation of the largest drives with minimal free space - as little as 1% free space on a drive is required to defragment it with PerfectDisk 10 Server.
- Complete NTFS Metadata File Defragmentation. Because only PerfectDisk 10 Server defragments all metadata, the result is a drive that is completely defragmented. Other defragmenters do not defragment all of the NTFS metadata and even more alarming, do not report on the files they leave fragmented. And PerfectDisk also provides complete fragmentation statistics for all files. You get the complete picture of the state of your drive. With other defragmenters, since you don't have statistics on all files, you're only seeing part of the picture.
- Optimized Master File Table (MFT) Placement. PerfectDisk 10 Server provides a 5%-10% performance improvement over typical defragmenters because of where PerfectDisk 8 places the MFT. Microsoft has specific guidelines for placement of the MFT for this improved performance, and only PerfectDisk follows these guidelines.
- Selected Files Defrag. PerfectDisk 10 Server allows users to defragment a single file, or selected files, rather than an entire drive if desired. This can be useful for users working with large files, such as videos.
- CPU and I/O Throttling. PerfectDisk 10 Server provides the ability to control CPU and I/O resources. While PerfectDisk 2008 uses very little CPU resources, administrators still have the ability to throttle CPU depending on certain circumstances. Similarly, I/O activity can also be throttled. This can be useful if, for example, another application is performing large amounts of I/O.
- User-defined thresholds. PerfectDisk 10 Server exclusive Perfect-Time™ user-defined threshold capability allows you to limit the amount of times PerfectDisk needs to run to only when a site-defined level of fragmentation is reached, thereby reducing unnecessary defrag runs.
- Full Active Directory Integration. PerfectDisk 10 Server is fully integrated with Active Directory Group Policy Administrative Templates, allowing for comprehensive enterprise deployment, scheduling and management. This saves time with enterprise deployment and requires no training for administrators familiar with Microsoft's Active Directory.
- Optional GUI-less Installation. PerfectDisk 10 Server can be installed without the user interface active, giving administrators increased control. This allows administrators to deny end users access to the PerfectDisk interface if they wish.
- Full-featured Command Line Interface. Full-featured command line support for both local and remote operations is provided. Command line support is not limited to certain commands, as with typical defragmenters. The ability to utilize all PerfectDisk 10 Server commands provides administrators with even more control and allows for greater tailoring to your site's specific requirements.
- Low System Resource Usage. PerfectDisk 10 Server has low CPU and memory usage, which saves computer resources, freeing them for other needs and applications.
- Automatic Shutdown After Defrag. PerfectDisk 10 Server can be set to shut down at the conclusion of a defrag.
- Defragments directories, pagefile and hibernate file. No file or directory is left fragmented with PerfectDisk 10 Server, so you'll have better performance. No other defragmenter defragments the hibernate file.
Homepage - http://www.raxco.com/